So, that was pretty good response; only one reply here, but several
names were added to the wiki page.  There seem to be enough people
interested to begin moving forward.

I can't think of a better place for discussion than this list, so I'll
just go ahead:

Could someone volunteer to co-chair this thing with me?  The amount of
free time I have to work on these things can be quite variable, and
having someone sharing organizational duties would really help.

Could someone volunteer to work with the wiki?  It and I don't really
get along, and I know that having a good page that gets linked from the
proper places can really help in driving membership.

I think it would be productive to have at least some meetings on IRC.  I
don't have any illusions about being able to get everyone all together
at once but I've been involved here for long enough to know that some
things just don't get done on a mailing list.  Folks who want to attend
are welcome to fill out http://whenisgood.net/43qkixx and we'll try to
find something that works.  (The only hard conflict I have is the FPC
meeting.)

Finally, I want to repeat something that's on the wiki page: you don't
have to be a packager to join.  I think participation in the SIG would
be a great vehicle to sponsorship.

 - J<