On Friday, August 19, 2011 11:12:25 AM Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 11:07:45AM -0400, Steve Grubb wrote:

> > > Just a thought - would it make sense to create a "server-target"
> > > (and/or "desktop-target") that is independent of graphical-target?
> >
> > I would hope there are pre-canned targets for different crowds. I also
> > hope there is a secure default configuration for each of them. I also
> > hope there is a way to list all
>
>   There was some talk about ”preset” - what should be enabled in various
> scenarios (spins).

So, the main Fedora download is not sufficient? We have to download a server
spin to
have the right security settings? If so we should also take way the ability to
pick
packages because someone might accidentally create a server at install time.

We need a way to specify in the service init files which targets the service is
allowed
to run in by default.

> > of these targets and what is enabled for each one, because that will be
> > needed for any kind of security analysis.
>
>   System settings:
> % ls /lib/systemd/system/<name>.target.wants/
>   Admin settings:
> % ls /etc/systemd/system/<name>.target.wants/

What would be nice is to wrap that up in a program, format it into columns for
easy
comparison. Once you have that it might even be nice to use the same tool to
make
configuration changes....

-Steve