On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 10:16:29AM +0200, Jan F. Chadima wrote:
> It amazes me how much energy people spend on it to save 3 seconds a
> day. Of course, if the computer being turned daily. In the case of a
> server time saving is even more amazing.

Virtualization changes things.

The way _I_ use Fedora involves booting it dozens of times a day (of
course, I'm talking about a VM or a very small Fedora appliance).

In any case, why *not* make things faster?  The way things are now, I
have computers that boot a hundred of times more *slowly* than the
first computer I owned.  Yes they do hundreds of times more things,
but they also have a processor that is orders of magnitude faster.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top