On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 11:05:47AM -0500, Matyas Selmeci wrote:
> I see. So 'Suggests' means it gets automatically installed (unless it
> explicitly conflicts with something already install I presume?), but
> can be removed without breaking the package it was brought in for
> (unless no other package provides the phonon-backend dependency).
> Do I have that right?

Actually 'Recommends' should be used when you want automatic
installation. Suggests is more a hint for the user.
Depsolvers often also use it to break ambiguities, so when
multiple packages provide some dependency, the suggested one
is chosen.

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder                                   m...@suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg