Hi,

I tried some of these changes and they seemed to work reasonably well
apart from the grub2 infrastructure is still a bit immature at running
without initrd... specifically

* I couldn't find a way to tell the grub2 scripts in /etc/grub.d
(10_linux) that I didn't want initrd; I can edit out the initrd line
at boot time
* new kernels from yum stopped being installed because the
grub2-mkconfig script chain relies on /dev/root which is missing in my
initrdless boot; if I make ln -s /dev/sda3 /dev/root then the script
starts working again
* I suspect other stuff in grub2.cfg isn't needed for initrdless (eg.
UUID is still mentioned)

I'm not sure where to report this? Bugs against grub2 or something
else? Is there a specific forum for initrdless working?

-Cam