On 11/15/2011 03:19 AM, Honza Horak wrote:

> If there are some license issues not easy to solve, there is still a
> compat-gdbm package, which ships gdbm-1.8.3 with GPLv2+.

The problem is that compat-gdbm has no -devel package, and we cannot use
the gdbm-devel package for this.

Since Thorsten Kukuk is unwilling to relicense ypserv to resolve the
licensing conflict, we are left with the following options:

* Modify compat-gdbm to have a true -devel package (this will almost
certainly require namespacing it somehow, like "libgdbm_old.so")

OR

* Have the gdbm upstream relicense to something that is explicitly GPLv2
compatible (or move back to GPLv2+).

OR

* Drop ypserv from Fedora entirely.

~tom