On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 13:32 +0100, drago01 wrote:

> Even though I disagree with Kevin that we should block on "does not
> have 3D drivers" .. OpenGL is imo
> even more important on ARM (non server systems) then on x86.
>
> A tablet or smartphone without hardware accelerated rendering is just
> useless (slow, short battery life).
> But this should get better over time as more general purpose
> distributions try to run on such devices.

ITYM "as more people finally get around to reverse-engineering the
hardware".  Honestly distributions have very little impact here.  They
just increase demand.

The only thing that gets drivers written is writing the damn driver.  If
you think this is an important thing to have, Mesa would love to have
your contribution.

- ajax