On 3/21/12 6:52 AM, Peter Jones wrote:
On 03/21/2012 09:21 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:

Except when people are forced to look at it, their solution was often
ExcludeArch for PPC. As I said in the other thread, you cannot force
people to care about an architecture they don't know or want to learn.

That suggests we need a FTBFS-like nightly test that lets us know about
new,
unexpected ExcludeArches in the distro.

This sounds like the perfect use case for a SCM feature I haven't had the time to work on.

If all commit diffs are sent to a message bus by way of a git hook, then one consumer on the bus could be canning for additions of ExcludeArch. When these are discovered a bug could be filed automatically, or some group would get notified, basically something would happen, and we wouldn't depend on a human noticing the change or following policy to file a bug.

In the short term, if this is something we see high value in tracking, we can just add another git hook to do this directly, rather than relying on a message bus.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!