> On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 09:23:16 +0200, FMDN (Fabio) wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> with one of the latest updates of corosync, we had to break some
>> API/ABI. All packages have been rebuilt and they are waiting for updates
>> to be available.
>>
>> I also re-built sheepdog
>> (http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=310076)
>>
>> but i don´t have super powers to push the update into F17 and I have
>> been unable to get in touch with current sheepdog maintainer (in CC).
>>
>> Can somebody help please? I have no interest in sheepdog myself, but i
>> also don´t like to leave transitions unfinished.
>
> Hard to help there, because you've created an update ticket already
>
>   https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-4877
>
> missing just the sheepdog build. If you unpushed it, any provenpackager
> could create a new ticket containing all packages. Editing other's tickets
> needs special privileges (probably limited to bodhi admins).

Sheepdog update can be done in a separate update. If provenpackager can
make a ticket that would suffice. I don´t/didn´t test sheepdog.

> Also, voting +1 on your own updates is being frowned upon. Even more so,
> if the stable karma threshold is just 1. We assume the update submitter
> is happy with the submitted builds, so that it doesn't need an explicit
> vote.

It´s a matter of perspective really. All upstreams involved have pre-ACK
the update, the builds and relative tests. There is somehow little point
to set a karma to 10K and have people login/vote on something that has
been done already upfront. So the +1 is the simple formality to make
bodhi happy, after 24/48 hours for propagation into updates-testing and
nothing has been reported by different teams.

Fabio