On 26.4.2012 02:08, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
This approach completely disregards the very common example of "I'm an
upstream maintainer of a cool project. I want to package and maintain it
for Fedora." Under your approach, they'd first have to become involved
in other projects before being allowed to add their package. This is
unacceptable and would basically guarantee that no upstream would
willingly involve itself with Fedora.

+1000 and completely -1 on Jóhann's idea: sponsor-sponsee relation in Fedora always had an element of mentoring. Many packagers-to-be could be very bright people (like Stephen's author of the upstream package) but they need just a little bit help to get through intricacies of the Fedora packaging process.

Matěj