I got the trailing link wrong, here is same message with link OK (no punctuation )

 On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:17:09 +0200, AL (Alec) wrote:
 [cut]
 And for the second part, that somebody has "a good connection with
 upstream", I'm not sure how that will help, *if* not even one packager
 is available. Worse if the single person with interest in the software
 also doesn't want to become the Fedora packager for it.
True. But if a packager is there, it's an advantage to have that
connection. Or?

My theory is that packaging actually takes place from time to time
despite all these obstacles, and that a motivated upstream contact makes
this easier.

 IMO, the whole co-maintainer dilemma is that once there is first packager
 (aka "the package owner"), everyone else hopes that the package is taken
 care of (read: the existing packager does all the work). Of course, in
 case of bugs or a package getting out-of-date, still nobody is willing to
 contribute.
But if you pick someone's request   from an upcoming wishlist, you have
the chance to make a contract, so to speak before undertaking to package
the thing.  Not foolprof in any way, but better than today?!

[cut]
 What I cannot take serious: if someone has submitted a package review
 request in 2010 and in 2012 complains that the package is still in the queue.
 If during such a long time, the submitter has not tried to review the own
 package (or a different package in the queue) in accordance with the
 guidelines. Very strange are also package submitters, who "talk to themselves"
 by posting src.rpm updates in bugzilla without feedback from any reviewer,
 but again without saying themselves "hey, I could take a look at the
 ReviewGuidelines page myself and try to figure out whether my package is
 ready, and if I think it's ready, join a list and announce that".

OT? The question here isn't really what submitters  do or don't, isn't
it what we could do to improve the process?.

I would really like to reconnect to Jon's reply at
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-April/166429.html
What can we do to support those people who have a great app they wan't
into Fedora, without forcing them to be (possibly bad) packagers?

This is related to the sponsorship process if we can find a way for some
of those which doesn't include sponsoring a new packager.

--a