Il giorno 28 aprile 2012 00:10, Stanislav Ochotnicky ha scritto:
> Package review is a good thing, no matter how
> skilled the packager is. Guidelines change,
> people miss things (such as bundling, licensing issues, wrong
> permissions, etc.). I will put it bluntly: getting rid of package
> reviews would be an incredibly stupid thing to do.

I completely agree with you. To go back to initial proposal of
revitalizing sponsor role, I think it would also be a good thing,
given that we leverage on new possible sponsor responsibilities
(ie, supervise new sponsorees' commits for X time after package
creation, not just step in when there is something to fix).
More sponsors should bring more control, not easier membership.

--
Guido Grazioli <guido.grazi...@gmail.com>
Via Parri 11 48011 - Alfonsine (RA) (Italy)