On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 12:41:20AM -0400, Jay Sulzberger wrote:
> We do not have to have every motherboard work well with free
> software.  But we do need at least one, and we hope many.

What market share Linux has is storngly infuenced by people's ability to
install Linux on computers that they already own. Few people start
running Linux on hardware that they have bought purely for the purpose.
Adopting an approach that dramatically increases the barrier of entry to
new Linux users is an excellent way to ensure that we stop finding new
Linux developers. We don't need one motherboard. We need all of them.

--
Matthew Garrett | mj...@srcf.ucam.org