On 08/30/2012 06:55 AM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
Bill Nottingham (nott...@redhat.com) said:
Olaf Kirch (o...@suse.de) said:
On Wednesday 29 August 2012 21:56:45 Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
On 08/29/2012 11:58 AM, Olaf Kirch wrote:
Your feedback is very much welcome!
The network management/solution of the future most likely ( at least
will need to ) be something that is integrated  into ( or with )
systemd/Core OS
Indeed, and that's where I'd like to go. Which is one of the reasons
for choosing dbus as the transport.
The systemd people do have some ideas they've already been kicking around
for this already... have you seen it?
To be clear, I'm not really convinced yet that this is something we need...
there is a lot of legacy admin overhead and infrastructure that is highly
resistant to change here.

I dont need convincing integrating network handling into systemd/Core OS only makes sense to me diversity in this area however does not and never has...

Of what legacy admin overhead are you referring to that would/might come by that?

JBG