On 29/01/2013, at 7:46 AM, David Vossel <dvos...@redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

Just to explicitly call this out, we will be supporting two use-cases:
- whitebox, where a remote agent is installed on the guest (or non-clustered
machine)
- blackbox, where there is _nothing_ installed on the guest (or non-clustered
machine)

For the blackbox case you are obviously limiting yourself to testing externally
exposed APIs to determine status and not being able to start/stop the services
directly.
We are adding support for nagios scripts which seem popular for this task.

-- Andrew