On Tue, 2013-02-05 at 13:21 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
> and at the end of the road we will be on
> the windows way "you touched anything on the system and
> so please reboot now"

That's not true - no engineer involved in operating systems development
wants that.  However:

1) Modern Windows requires reboots for fewer things than the common
   internet meme would imply
2) Modern Windows updates are safer than RPM, speaking broadly

The key is to address both of these things at the same time.  Starting
from a basis of correctness and safety, then optimizing on top of that
is much easier than the other way around.