Il 05/02/2013 16:58, Reindl Harald ha scritto:
> jokingly?
>
> show me a upgrade of production machines from F9 to F17
> without end in a inconsistent system on windows - you
> can't, i have been there
>
> windows is missing anything like transaction-checks
> tp prevent one "package" is overwriting files of
> a different one, has no package-deps over the
> complete system

Windows actually tracks files, registry keys, extension<->program
associations and a bunch of other things individually.

Of course Windows doesn't control (almost) all packages like Fedora
does, and many vendors misuse that.  And the binary compatibility of
DLLs is much harder than with Linux sonames.  Still, updates coming from
Microsoft are in general pretty solid.

Paolo