Hi, Reindl!

On Feb 13, Reindl Harald wrote:

> a few lines in the SPEC files %install section would simply
> remove the folder and this files - i know a lot of mysql
> setups and have never seen one with includes and if
> so then they would be created by the admin

Sure, that's only in the mariadb.org rpms.

We've added the folder specifically for the purpose of packaging.
The server rpm includes the server config file, the client rpm - the
client config file. The shared lib rpm includes the shared lib cnf file.

And yes, we've started (in 10.0) to package certain plugins separately
(CassandraSE comes in a separate rpm). They will come with their own cnf
files too. Even if such a file won't auto-enable the plugin, it'll have
plugin configuration options explained. These options can not go into
the /etc/my.cnf because the plugin might be a third-party, we may not
know in advance all mariadb plugins that a user might want to install.

And speaking about /etc/php.d/ and /etc/httpd/conf.d/ - I'm not the only
one who can see the benefits of a modular configuration system, as
compared to one monolitic config file :)

Regards,
Sergei
--
MariaDB.org