On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 08:07:22 +0100, Rahul Sundaram <methe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:

 MariaDB WILL replace MySQL on upgrades.

Well, unless Oracle as upstream wants to get involved as downstream
maintainers in Fedora as well. They did offer to do that but don't seem to have stepped up yet.

Let's do it now, then. :-)

We want to keep the MySQL package in Fedora and are willing to co-maintain or take over maintainership if nobody else will do it. We haven't really discussed this with the current maintainers yet, but from the discussions on this list it seems they're not interested in maintaining the package after F19. If us stepping up changes that, we are happy to co-maintain.

Any input on how we can and should proceed is welcome.

Regards,

Norvald H. Ryeng