On 10/02/13 13:12, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Jamie Nguyen <j...@jamielinux.com> writes:
>
>> Thanks very much for adding me as a co-maintainer. I guess that you
>> probably don't have much time for updating the Tor package, so I'm glad
>> to be on board and will be taking a very active role in maintaining the
>> package so that you can spend time on other things. I have some package
>> cleanup tasks lined up and will be closing the security bugs on our
>> bugzilla very soon.
>
> I will revert most of your changes.  please avoid to apply your personal
> style (e.g. whitespaces vs. tabs) on a package where you are a comaintainer
> for < 1 week.
>
> Although some of the changes might be useful, it is impossible for me to
> distinguish between them because they were all in an huge commit.

Hi Enrico,

I want to clarify that my whitespace changes were an attempt to make the
spec more legible for everyone, not myself. I also feel it would have
been "nicer" for you to ask me to revert the changes rather than
reverting them yourself, since I did go through the effort of making the
changes and helping you to update and fix the package, but that's just a
small suggestion.

Anyway, I agree that it would perhaps have been better to split the
commit into chunks. Thus, I post below a patch series that includes all
the various changes in easily digestible chunks.

http://jamielinux.fedorapeople.org/tor/0001-Remove-release_func-macro.patch

http://jamielinux.fedorapeople.org/tor/0002-Cleanup-systemd-macros.patch

http://jamielinux.fedorapeople.org/tor/0003-Remove-unnecessary-EPEL-5-tags-and-macros.patch

http://jamielinux.fedorapeople.org/tor/0004-Unify-core-systemd-and-torify-into-one-package.patch

http://jamielinux.fedorapeople.org/tor/0005-Remove-dependency-on-fedora-user-mgmt.patch

http://jamielinux.fedorapeople.org/tor/0006-Remove-unnecessary-Requires-on-logrotate-directory.patch

http://jamielinux.fedorapeople.org/tor/0007-Use-defaults-torrc-as-recommended-by-upstream.patch

http://jamielinux.fedorapeople.org/tor/0008-Change-var-log-tor-permissions-to-match-upstream.patch

All of these help to bring the package closer both to our packaging
guidelines and upstream defaults and requests.

Kind regards,

--
Jamie Nguyen