On 01.05.2013 02:08, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2013-05-01 01:37 (GMT+0200) Sandro Mani composed:

# yum install @critical-path-gnome

The gnome one is close, the kde one not: critpath contains kdelibs and
kdm, but a minimal set would rather look like
base + xorg + mesa + kdm kde-workspace dejavu-sans-fonts
dejavu-sans-mono-fonts
(here it might be a good idea to have the dejavu-sans-fonts as
dependencies of kdm / kde-workspace?)

Why only DejaVu (which along with Verdana and Vera have the significantly largest average x-height and width of common western web fonts)?

Aren't the dejavu fonts those which are mapped to the standard sans, serif and monospace fonts? (could very well be wrong here).
What good are TTF/OTF fonts without Xorg?

Mesa aka 3D? Bling I don't need, or want no matter how fast the system, and I force it globally with Option "Composite" "Disable" somewhere in /etc/X11/.

Well ok, the central part though is what follows the core graphics stack - those core packages are always the same, the sometimes more challenging part however is figuring out which DE specific packages are necessary for the basic shell.
If anything is going to require fonts it should be X if not base.

On my systems the top priority fonts are the Droids, with nearly as much x-height as D/V/V, but not so fat.