On 07/17/2013 07:05 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 05:42:21PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
yum whatprovides "/var/log/*" | grep Filename | wc -l
597
About that much....
That's not so helpful. Most of these are things which provide their own log
files of some sort and completely bypass syslog. In fact, we can probably
_subtract_ anything on that list.

Irrelevant since it's either a tool or an admin that is looking into those logs and both come up empty handed hence it needs to be fixed one way or the other. ( sub-packaged ) The only difference is that the tools wont file bugs when they find empty files and which tools are looking into these logs are hard to find since currently the relevant components dont have dependency on it.

Like it or not when introducing features we should also fix what is revealed to be broken and do the necessary cleanup not only be focusing on the "new in shiny thing" that feature introduces and that should be part of the feature process.

Anyway this needs to be fixed regardless if we ship only the journal by "default"

JBG