On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 09:05:40AM -0500, inode0 wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Darryl L. Pierce <mcpie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:37:09PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> >> We would need to form a financial sig that handles that.
> >
> > Are these people going to be paid for their efforts, since it's
> > completely non-technical?
>
> Why is being non-technical related in any way to paying someone to do it?

It's an administrative role. I'd assume that you'd pay somebody who's
going to be doing this job. If not, that's fine. That's why I asked if
it was going to be paid for, since it's a lot more work than just
writing checks.`

> > I'm a board member for my kids' summer swim league. And our treasurer
> > has to deal with writing checks for things like buying bulk swim caps,
> > tshirts, meet supplies, reimbursing people for purchases made for the
> > team, etc. And for 8 weeks of her life that's a lot to do.
> >
> > To then ask someone to do the same all year round as a volunteer for
> > a _much_ larger group is probably not going to happen.
>
> You just described a small part of what Ambassadors do now with the
> exception of "cutting check." We do have three community members who
> have been doing that for a long time now as well but the number who
> are able to help in that way is limited by Red Hat's comfort level in
> letting the community participate in making direct payments.

Are they paid for their efforts?

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpie...@gmail.com>
http://mcpierce.fedorapeople.org/