On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 5:23 AM, T.C. Hollingsworth
<tchollingswo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wasn't aware Debian already exported a directory for this.  (But
> "/javascripts", really?)  It would be nice if they wrote that into
> their policy.

I was slightly wrong: it's "/javascript" (singular). I couldn't find
any formal Debian packaging policy for this, but the alias is set
here:

http://sources.debian.net/src/javascript-common/latest/javascript-common.conf

> I wasn't aware Debian already exported a directory for this.  (But
> "/javascripts", really?)  It would be nice if they wrote that into
> their policy.

Agreed!

> The httpd maintainer would really prefer if we didn't use something
> that could potentially conflict as easily as "/javascripts" though.
> Not sure if "Debian does it" is a good enough reason to override
> that...

I just read over
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=553173 , which makes
me wonder if this URL is indeed going to cause problems or even change
altogether. I've emailed the Debian pkg-javascript-devel list for
clarification.

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-javascript-devel/2013-August/005888.html

- Ken