On 10/22/2013 07:53 PM, Rolf Fokkens wrote:
Well, I agree, there's more to it. Like cost. One could consider to pair serveral HHD' each with a dedicated bcache SSD. And from that one could build a RAID array. This RAID array has excellent (read) performance because of the combined SSD performance. This storage system does break when one of the HDD's or SDD's breaks, which is also a nice feature. So if it weren't for the cost (and the number of availbale SATA connectors) this could be interresting. But it's all a matter of requirements of course.
I noticed a somewhat confusing typo, the right sentence is "This storage system does NOT break when one of the HDD's or SDD's breaks".