On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 06:42:11PM -0700, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
To prevent this from happening in the future, I wrote a little git
pre-commit hook to help out, which I figured I'd share with you all:
http://patches.fedorapeople.org/patchcheck.py

It verifies that:
- all patches are committed to git
- all patches are applied in %prep
- no unexpanded %patch macros exist in %prep

If any of the above checks fail, the commit is aborted.

It would be nice also to check that the sources file contains the
Sources listed in the spec file, since I often bump the version number
and forget to upload the new sources.

There are some cases when we need it (sources taken as a snapshot from git/cvs), patches applied by different way.

So please don't make the check mandatory, just warning.

ma.