On 01/13/2014 04:48 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 13.01.2014 16:41, schrieb Josh Boyer:
On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Martin Stransky <stran...@redhat.com> wrote:
On 01/13/2014 04:29 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Martin Stransky <stran...@redhat.com>
wrote:
Hi guys,

first $SUBJ is available at:

http://stransky.fedorapeople.org/FirefoxGtk3/

It's just a src.spm and plugin support it not finished (don't browse
youtube
;-)) but may work as a preview.

I'll provide Fedora builds and repo later.

Could you explain why this is important/newsworthy?

I don't say it's important/newsworthy. It's just FYI. Please ignore if
you're not interested.

Ok, I'll rephrase.

I'm interested but I have no idea how this is different from every
other Firefox build that Fedora provides.  Could you elaborate on the
change some and why it's being made?

most likely to have a chance to get rid of gtk2 package which otherwise
you would need forever installed and loaded by using FF on GNOME3

Unfortunately that's not entirely true unless you want to run it without NPAPI plugin support. The recent solution links plugin-container to gtk2 libraries to run flash and so (Java is not supported because it does not run OOP).

When flash plugin is replaced by shumway [1] we can build FF as pure gtk3 app and emulate flash by JS.

ma.

[1] http://mozilla.github.io/shumway/