On Tue, 2014-12-02 at 21:47 +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 06:30:57 +0100, Nathanael d. Noblet wrote:
> > I don't know much about it but I hate how bad my battery life is on my
> > laptop...
>
> My 3 years old Lenovo X220 lasts for 12 hours (powertop reports so) on Fedora
> 20
> x86_64 with powertop --auto-tune.  According to powertop approx. 5.5W is
> display backlight and 1W is the rest of system.
>
> Just to give a reply that Fedora is not bad on all configs/hardware.

Well until yesterday I didn't know that Fedora didn't install /
configure any of these packages. I've installed tlp and powertop, I
didn't know powertop did anything other than monitor. I'll see what
powertop --auto-tune does. I don't even know if the tlp package has
enabled anything either. I wonder if having tlp installed and running
powertop --auto-tune will conflict / fight each other...

Time to try stuff out.

--
Nathanael