On Wed, 06 May 2015, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 12:31:46AM +1000, Philip Rhoades wrote:
People,

I have been watching the dnf arguments over the last year or so with a
little interest but now I am exposed to an actual problem - I have been
making VMs from the last few beta versions of Fedora-Live-Xfce-x86_64-22 and
find that Beta-3 still does not let me update packages after installation -
I still get the following error:

"Error: Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'fedora' from
'https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-22&arch=x86_64':
Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors
were tried"

whenever I do anything with dnf (eg "dnf [install xx | update]" etc) - there
doesn't to be too many reports about this so am I missing something?

This is likely not related to dnf but to changes on the Fedora infrastructure on
the mirrorlist servers.
I believe there just was a small hick-ups, could you try again now to see if you
can still reproduce it?
I had similar issues couple weeks ago -- dnf was unable to work with a
repository while curl or wget from the same VM worked fine to the same
URLs.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy