Dne 22.9.2015 v 11:07 Matej Stuchlik napsal(a):

> When it comes to python3, one way to shave off ~9MiB from python3-libs, and
> possibly quite a bit more overall, would be to not install both optimized and
> unoptimized bytecode, as we do now, but just the unoptimized one (the
> performance
> hit should be very small).

Isn't it time to use %filetriggers to generate the bytecode instead of
shipping it in packages? You would save a lot of space, you could drop
the most of the python{2,3} packages etc.

Also, you might consider to ship the precompiled bytecode just
optionally, using recommends.

On contrary, if you insist on shipping the bytecode, why you don't drop
the .py files? I see a lot of duplication all around python packages ....

Vít