On 9/25/15, Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 11:30:38AM -0400, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
>> Maybe we could utilize weak dependencies here. The python-foo package
>> would have only bytecompiled files and would Recommend
>> python-foo-sourcefiles. That way python-foo-sourcefiles would be
>> installed in standard setting, but it would be possible to opt out of
>> it.

Just my 2 cents here, I'd seek another solution for this but
implemented as a plugin or an option of dnf, whereas introducing new
subpkg of large amount of packages sounds tedious to me.

For example define a new kind of file as %cache in %files, and process
them like find-lang, then let users decide whether files marked as
%cache will be installed in default or not.

--

Yours sincerely,
Christopher Meng

http://awk.io