Am 14.01.2016 um 19:54 schrieb Neal Gompa:
On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Samuel Sieb <sam...@sieb.net> wrote:
On 01/14/2016 07:56 AM, Neal Gompa wrote:

Aside from the DNF issue, is there anything else I'm missing in
relation to kmods in Fedora?

If you have secure boot, you have to go through the process to sign the
kernel modules you build and register the key with the boot system.

That would be something our build system (Koji, etc.) would handle if
we allowed them again, right? After all, I believe Koji handles our
kernel signing, too.

how do you imagine in real life maintaining kmod's by different people and maintaining the kernel by others?

there are often timeframes where you get each week and in rare cases twice a week a kernel update - have fun to coordinate that!

and *no* hold back kernel updates for crap hardware not supported by the mainline kernel or burden the kernel package-maintainer the additional work is no solution

i don't want to get my kernel pushed with a delay because of other packages i don't care because a few users don#t think before by computers