Am 15.01.2016 um 00:36 schrieb Andrew Lutomirski:
If, for example, it simply installed into
/lib/modules/VERSION/akmod/path/to/driver.ko, then rpm could be taught
to delete /lib/modules/VERSION when the corresponding kernel package
goes away (either using a scriptlet in the kernel package or an RPM
trigger, I imagine), and everything would work nicely without
injecting extra rpms into the system

rpm's remove files and folders they installed

if that folders are not empty because foreign files that files and the folders will stay afetr remove - there is no "but" - it is unacceptable when a package purges a whole folder due removal because you can't know what and why the user stored there

any package doing such craft would need to be fixed
so don't propose any package should start such black magic

well, that affects me too because VMware workstation modules but it's my job and not the business of the kernel package