Am 18.01.2016 um 13:39 schrieb Heiko Adams:
Am Montag, den 18.01.2016, 12:27 +0000 schrieb Jonathan Wakely:
On 18/01/16 07:05 -0500, Honza Šilhan wrote:
yes, autoremoval issue could be either caused by bad packaging [1]
or when you are
installing packages via yum or packagekit [2]. We are working on
better integration
between DNF and PK so this could be fixed soon. At the meantime use
this workaround [3].

It's a *terrible* workaround though. "Make a note of everything that
gets installed using PK and then as root run dnf to mark them as
userinstalled". A better workaround is "Don't use PK to install
things, use DNF". Why bother using PK at all if you then have to go
and run DNF commands for the same packages? You might as well just
use
DNF.
Because sometimes PK says there are updates available while "dnf update
--refresh" says no updates are available?
Happend to me several times in the past.

that's the drawback of dnf-makecache.timer because it may cache something shortly before updates are pushed and without that caching it would be refresehd when it's attempted to be used and so contain recent data

mask that timer and you are done
that never should have been introduced as default

the logflood "Cannot add dependency job for unit dnf-makecache.timer, ignoring: Unit dnf-makecache.timer is masked" should go away soon (referenced in a different thread and a systemd bugreport of some otehr person)