> Ahem.   With XO-1.5, I feel that I AM shipping a "full-fledged Linux
> PC" to every child.
> Since when did it take more than a GB of RAM and 4GB of disk to host
> an IDE ?
>
> My point still stands: until Android supports its own development
> tools, you are
> turning it's users into second class citizens.
Ahem. So you have installed Eclipse under Sugar and somehow developed
and debugged a Sugar application what is nice... Wait! You did not!

So if we just ignore your Straw Man argument (you know what I have said
that you need GBs or RAM to run the dx optimizer tool, not the IDE), the
problem is still there that you only can run an usable development
environment on a full Linux distro and you cannot even develop Sugar
applications with it.

For the other people talking about IDEs: an usable IDE is not a text
editor. The whole problem stems from the simple fact that you think that
an IDE is just a text editor. While it is possible to develop
applications even with ed (I used mcedit myself), I would rather poke my
eyes out than to try to develop anything with Pippy again. What you do
not want to recognize is that you are excluding a lot of developers who
do not want to waste their time because of the lack of IDEs. In other
words: because of resource constraints you have not made contributing
code easy so you have resource constraints now.

ps:
And please stop this "who started developing code in more painful
environments" race. I myself created several world records on the c64
some 15+ years ago so I know exactly what was the norm at that time. But
somehow I do not think that I can waste 10x the required time just
because there were not more productive development environments existing
then.