On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Ed McNierney <e...@laptop.org> wrote:
> But it is absolutely true that anyone who is volunteering (or getting paid)
> to test OLPC software and hardware should know how to submit a trac ticket.
> That is the mechanism we use to track reported problems, so using trac should
> be an essential part of the training any volunteer tester should get.  While
> everyone likes nicely-researched and well-written problem reports, that
> shouldn't be an obstacle.  If there's information missing on a ticket, people
> working on it can ask for more.  But if the ticket's not there at all, we
> won't know there's a problem to fix.

Nobody is disputing that bug reports should go in the one true place
-- however we need to be welcoming to people when we tell them this.

I'll admit i'm not a fan of olpcnews.com, but they are where new
contributors end up early on in their contributing -- if only because
they show up in many search results.