On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 03:04:06AM +0200, George Bosilca wrote:
> I would like to question the choice for the new ? spartan ompi_info output? I
> would not mind restoring the default behavior, aka. have a verbose "--all",
> instead of some [random] MCA params.

As Ralph suggested you need to pass the --level or -l option to see all the
variables. --level 9 will print everything. If you think there are variables
everyday users should see you are welcome to change them to OPAL_INFO_LVL_1. We
are trying to avoid moving too many variables to this info level.

> Btw, something is wrong i the following output. I have an "btl = sm,self" in
> my .openmpi/mca-params.conf so I should not even see the BTL TCP parameters.

I think ompi_info has always shown all the variables despite what you have the
selection variable set (at least in some cases). We now just display everything
in all cases. An additional benefit to the updated code is that if you set a
selection variable through the environment (OMPI_MCA_btl=self,sm) it no longer
appears as unset in ompi_info. The old code unset all selection variables in
order to ensure all parameters got printed (very annoying but necessary).

-Nathan