Update:

I now have 59 of 61 results, with only the QEMU-emulated MIPS platforms
outstanding.
Those will not likely finish until near to (or after) midnight tonight.
Unless something turns up on the MIPS systems my "smoke test" of rc5 is
complete.

The only issues I found are the vader and fortran ones mentioned previously.

Nathan now has an account on the same SGI UV as I have been using.
Jeff now has my configure and ompi_info output for my fortran failures.

NOTE (primarily directed at Jeff):
I define "issue" to *exclude* known problem with certain compilers that are
also present in earlier releases.  In particular, I pass explicit
--with-mpi-fortran=XXX and/or --disable-oshmem-fortran options to configure
when using certain PGI and XLC versions because (as of 1.8.3 when I last
adjusted those settings) configure was not able to automatically disqualify
their "deficient" fortran support.  If there is a desire/need to follow up
on this, let me know.  However, all those "deficient" fortan compilers have
been reported by me on this list at least once in testing prior releases
(just never in one place).

-Paul