Hi Adam,

On Mon, 8 Dec 2014, Adam Hunt wrote:

> There's another option on the table that would allow a potential
> license change to be put off for some time while still being able to
> do it with minimal headache down the road. Any license change is
> obviously going to require all the past contributors to agree to it so
> what about keeping the LGPL license for now and asking those
> contributors and future contributors to sign an SLA. One of the
> downsides to an SLA is that a legal entity (e.g. RIOT e.v.) would have
> to be created and managed.

  we thought about this. In the current context, this will only help in
case of relicensing. However, relicensing will require a lot of
resources, which we should spend in technical development.

  Even with a BSD/MIT license, creating a legal entity and deploying a
CLA should be part of our agenda.

Cheers
  matthias

--
Matthias Waehlisch
.  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Inst. fuer Informatik, AG CST