Hi Adeel,

not sure I fully understand you previous mail. The driver will generate a default hardware address which is based on the CPUID.

USEMODULE += at86rf233

AFAIK one of these modules is actually responsible for that

USEMODULE += gnrc_netdev_default
USEMODULE += auto_init_gnrc_netif

You already have this in. Otherwise there won't be any hardware access. If you try examples/gnrc_networking (maybe at first in native) and type "ifconfig" you will see that the network interface has some ipv6 addresses. The local unicast address is based on the hardware address which was explained previously.

I currently don't know which module attaches these ip addresses, maybe @miri64 can say more? Anyway, please try to get the transceiver running with tests/driver_at86rf2xx and examples/gnrc_networking before using it on a border router.

Best
Peter