Hi *,

I am working on the pm (power management) module of RIOT. Can anyone
tell me why pm_reboot is (often) part of this module?

If no one votes against it, I woud like to move *pm_reboot()* to a
dedicated module, in order to have a reboot_fallback module as we have
planned for pm_fallback and additionally common CPUs can implement
specific reboot functions if required.

Is 'reboot' a good module name? Or should we name it pm_reboot_fallback
(prefix it with pm)?

Background: atmega_common defines a pm_reboot, but no power management
by default. Therefore using pm_fallback is not possible and we would
have to duplicate existing code (bad idea!).

Best,
Robert

--
Robert Hartung, M.Sc.

Technische Universität Braunschweig
Institut für Betriebssysteme und Rechnerverbund
Mühlenpfordtstr. 23, Raum 115
38106 Braunschweig

Fon: +49 (531) 391 - 3264
Fax: +49 (531) 391 - 5936