Hi Indan,

I appreciate your attempt to change my opinion on how to design security
solutions. Anyway, my opinion is based, not only on theory, but also in
experience breaking stuff. This allowed me to build an idea of how hard is
to break something, I mean, not only finding a vulnerability, but also
weaponizing the exploitation. Here we enter into the field of 0days,
chained exploits, hardening techniques, and so on. I did this for two
decades, pionereed explotation, etc... if you ever wrote an exploit based
on ROP/JOP techniques, well... I was doing that before those techiques ever
got baptized (check Wikipedia) on some ot the hardest targets you can
figure out.

For that reason, I trust my vision on security and my experience on
exploitation. And this is useful, because it allows me to decide if a
security solution is harder to exploit than other. As an attacker I prefer
to face a protection based on "sandbox" built by OS mechanisms that facing
a virtualization. By far, with my sun glasses and a mojito. You, as an
experienced exploit writer I guess you are as per your words... you may
prefer to fight a virtualization security solution. No problem.

The only thing we both agree is seL4 on bare metal is the most secure
solution. It's easy to agree on that. Beyond that, I believe it will be
more than difficult we agree on anything related to hardening or
exploitation.

Fortunately for both this will not be a problem. seL4 is open so anyone can
choose how to implement it.

Good luck escaping hypervisors, is a fascinating topic, specially if the
hypervisor is seL4, as you need to deal with very complex exploits (usually
ring 0 chains).

Best,