On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 03:30, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:

> I need to copy the texture to video RAM once, unless somebody tells me
> it already is there (I could use the 2D accelerator for this, too, then.
> In this case I just wonder why the mga driver doesn't do it this way.).

Because the mga driver RENDER acceleration is just a proof of concept
hack? :)

> Text drawing (x11perf -aa24text) went from 25000 to 105000, which is
> more than factor 4. I am satisfied.

Err, I get without acceleration on a 1 Ghz TiBook:

9600000 reps @   0.0006 msec (1540000.0/sec): Char in 30-char aa line
(Charter 24)

Did you drop some digits? :)

> (Now, if I just could find out why the accelerator functions are not
> being called on my 4.3 system...)

I guess it's not the op being something else than PictOpOver? Could it
be related to XAA_RENDER_NO_SRC_ALPHA?