Just so.  Unless otherwise specified, cat_fish's code would be
considered a work for hire, and copyright would belong to the employer.

:-) Thank you all for your concern in this matter, but it is clearly covered in my proposal that the work will remain open source and be re-submitted to XFree (and to the DRI project as well, since it appears that is a separate code tree).

My primary concern at this time is providing an accurate estimate up front for how much work this will be. Thank you all for your advice and help. If this thing gets approved, I will most certianly be back with more questions.

Noel.
--
A precariously balanced mixture of myopic optimism and rampant paranoia.