Hi everybody

I'm a linux Xfree86 user, and my laptop has an LCD screen with 1400x1050 native resolution. the internal video chipset is an intel 855GM. After some hours of trying i figured out there's no way of getting that resolution under XFree86, due to the fact that the current i810 driver reads the available resolutions from the bios and completely ignores the modelines in the XF86Config file.

I'm inquiring if there is any plan to overcome this limitation.

I'm a cs student and have some knowledge in system programming, so i'm available to help the developent of this 'patch', should this be needed, and i'm also available to test/debug beta versions.

I'd be grate to be contacted by people that are actually taking care of the i810 driver developement.

Best Regards

Alessandro Temil