Yes.

In part, the /dev/event interface provides timestamps because I
agitated for them a couple years ago, between visits to my
surgeons :-(.

In fact, the event interface exists in current 2.4; not
just 2.[45]. Look in /dev/input/event*.

Note that this interface is not just for mice, but is generalized
to be usable by pretty arbitrary input devices, and is part of
the rewrite of the input system in Linux.
                        - Jim

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 13:21, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation, Keith.
>
> KP> 2)        Timestamp events accurately
>
> [...]
>

> KP> Better yet would be to have the kernel timestamp events with a
> KP> high-precision timer
>
> Linux 2.[56] does that on the new /dev/event interface (/dev/psaux
> would appear to be deprecated).  Is it worth using?
>
>                                         Juliusz

Jim Gettys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
HP Labs, Cambridge Research Laboratory