On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Tim Roberts wrote:

> Mark Vojkovich wrote:

> >>Those three are real.
> >>

> >   Does the Savage hardware really have a Bresenham line interface?
> >If so, why is it providing the TwoPointLine interface?
> >

> Probably inexperience on the part of the author.  When I was working on
> the driver, it wasn't obvious to me when one would be preferable to the
> other, so I added both.  The TwoPointLine routine just converts to
> Bresenham.
>
> If XAA does that for me, then it's silly to support both.

  XAA does it for you.  The TwoPointLine hooks were added for
hardware that didn't support Bresenham lines.  It looks like
the TwoPointLine function provided by the savage driver doesn't
handle the endpoint correctly.  Even with the Bresenham interface
you should compare the lines with linetest.c to see if you need
to set the miSetZeroLineBias (like the nv driver does) in order
to make the HW and SW lines match.

                        Mark.