Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Martin Spott wrote:

David Dawes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 10:17:30AM -0800, Kendall Bennett wrote:

[...], and I am in discussions
with some of the other members of the community about starting a new
project to take over where the XFree86 team appears to be stuck. If you
are interested let me know.

The more the merrier.

Wouldn't it be better to iron out the 'political issues' over the current (and pretty much working!) XFree86 Windows port (via Cygwin) instead of creating a parallel universe !?

Kendall's comments were partly directed toward efforts that Cygwin is
not interested in.  Since he's interested & they will not be, there's
no issue to iron out.

I'm not sure who Cygwin is, but I am just a developer and I am always interested in these sorts of things.

Harold