On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:15:16 -0300, Nqnsome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Alex Deucher wrote:
>
> >>Alex is correct. Let focus on the primary display controller on  PCI:0:2:0
> >>with Display Pipe A and Display Pipe B.
> >>In your case you can only have PipeA=CRT and PipeB=LCD (LFP).
> >>
> >>That is why you have the following information
> >>(II) I810(0): Display Info: CRT: attached: TRUE, present: TRUE, size:
> >>(800,600)
> >> (II) I810(0): Display Info: LFP (local flat panel): attached: TRUE,
> >> present: TRUE, size: (1024,768)
> >>
> >>The problem is why XFree is saying there is no active display on Pipe B
> >> (II) I810(0): No active displays on Pipe B
> >>

> >you can use the "monitorlayout" option to force on the pipes.  see the
> >i810 man page.
> >
> >Alex
> >

> Now I understand the "Pipes", but is still a mistery for me why lspci
> sees the 0:2:1, if it is a Windows "placeholder" (propably because I do
> not understand what a placeholder is...).

when the windows driver claims the pci resources, it gives them each a
name and they show up in the windows device manager.  the second
"subfunction" is just there so they can have two video devices show up
in the device manager.

> Regarding the "No active displays on Pipe B", this probably happens
> because, before starting X, I disable the LCD with the keyboard sequence
> FN+F5. If I do not do this, the screen becomes unreadble (I guess
> because the CRT works in 1024x768 and the LCD do not).

that's the problem.  the i810 driver relies on the bios to deal with
outputs and modes.  if tyou use the bios to disable an ouput, the
driver probably has problems detecting an attached device.

> Thanks a lot for the explanations, but I would like to return to the
> question "why the CRT works under 1024x768 and the LCD not". Can this be
> related to the VESA VBE DCC that does not work on the LCD?

are you trying to get dualhead running or clone or just the LCD?

Alex