On Thursday, December 06, 2018, at 7:21 PM, Joshua M. Clulow wrote:
> I think for illumos we would say something like: features are
reasonably expected to be available for "portable" use in all
distributions when they've been in the upstream illumos-gate
repository for a certain length of time; e.g., 2 years?
That matches my thoughts on the subject with regard to illumos. Can this not
simply be extended to everything else too and then portable is simply the set
of features that all tier-1 implementations have supported for at least 2 years?